Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Big girls you are beautiful!!! BUT, you cannot buy a wedding dress from J.CREW! haha

So, I found my first road block with this whole being bigger thing, this weekend. The wedding dress I have been obsessing over for like 2 years... only goes up to size 12. I know I KNOW. Sam (if you are reading this, you warned me about J.Crew). I'm sorry J.Crew, but how can you only offer dresses up to a size 12. You are a HUGE retailer and not even going up to a size 16, that is just STUPID.

So here's the dress:  And here's my big sad face :( I'm just so sad. BUT here's the other thing, and where I think JCREW is F'ing up. So I call the bridal store, and I say, hi, do you have this dress in yours stores? "Well of course ma'am that is one of the dresses we do carry in our bridal store" (that gets me thinking, you only have what, maybe 20 dresses anyways, and 3 stores that carry them in the WHOLE US and you only carry a selection? DUH!) Anyways, moving on. So I say "Oh great, what size do you have to try on." "2"....... 2?!?!?! 2???? TWO? Are you kidding me?!!?!? I mean great, great for the brides that are size 0-2, but I'm pretty sure that's about 10% of people. So we continue... "ok well, what if I love this dress but want to try it on first" "Well, you would need to buy the dress, have it come to the store and try it on. At that time, if you don't like the dress then you can return it". So again you are telling me that I have to spend $3,000 just to try the dress on?... Jcrew... you aren't making this easy for me, you are dropping off my radar fast. So I politely go to the girl, well, can I get this dress in a 16? This is the response I get.... "HAHAHA A 16, NO." REALLY? hahahahaa way to be a dick. "This dress only comes up to size 12".... Alright, playing hardball.. I go, "and what if I am trying to drop a few sizes and don't think that I will be a size 12 for a few more months?" her response.... "well I'm sorry, I guess Jcrew isn't the store for you."

Jcrew. AWESOME. You know, I really do love you, but I think you really need to check yourself before you start selling wedding dresses. Why would you sell dresses if you aren't going to sell them to larger girls and be rude about it?.... I guess it's time to move on, and get over the fact that I won't be having a jCrew wedding dress, but frankly, I'm ok with that.

Other than this, the work out shit is going GREAT. I love it. I'm in the gym 4 times a week and then cardio on the weekends. It's awesome, my team is awesome, my trainer is awesome, and it makes me like working out. PLUS, OMG, the BEST PART... I don't feel like SHIT when I drink anymore! HAHAHAHAHA. Yes, people, that is what I care about in life. No but for real, when I drank before I was on this diet and working out, half way through my drink-sesh, I would feel like BALLS, hangover and all - but NOW, omg NOW, I'm a champ. I can drink the biggest drinker under the table and feel AMAZING the day after. I went on a wine tour this weekend with some of my awesomest friends, and shit, I felt awesome!

Ok anyways... HAHAHA... I think our keurig at work is broken, so I am going to go buy a coffee (and maybe take it to the jcrew wedding dress store and throw it all over the wedding dresses hahaha)
HAVE A GREAT DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment