Thursday, October 11, 2012

8 weeks down, a lifetime to go....

Looks like I'm going to have to keep writing this blog people, because clearly, my job is FAR from over.

The big question is why...? Why??? BECAUSE. I DONT WANT TO LOOK LIKE THIS ANYMORE! (see right below)

Our 8 week CRANK class has now come to and end... and as I sit here and look back on when I started this whole thing, and not even just 8 weeks ago, but like from the beginning of this blog.. I look at the fact that I did 4 week cleanses, or I did a WEEK of working out, but today, I can say, I watched what I ate, and I worked out for 8 weeks straight. Besides playing sports in school, that's the longest I've gone, post college, that I have ever been in a gym, and I'm not stopping. What's Next? 8 weeks of bootcamp. So in 8 more weeks I'll be writing talking about how I made it thru 16 WEEKS of working out... and so on, and so on. I think a lot of it has to do with the people I work out with at RTB, and my friends who graciously sit here and read my horrible writing, and listen to me bitch and complain, but still send me those supportive text's, or facebooks, or emails.... It's YOU guys, and a little bit of dedication on my part, that has gotten me through the beginning (and I believe hardest) part of this journey.

The hardest part for me has always been getting over that 2 week hump - finding time to get to the gym, and finding a place where I'm happy and I feel comfortable.... but I've learned, if you want to meet your goals (and unfortunately, mine take a lot more work then most) you have to make it part of your life. Make it a priority, and make it one of those things you just have to do everyday... I used to just, eat, work, sleep, hangout... now, eat, sleep, work, WORKOUT... It obviously sucks... because I don't have the time that I used to have for my friends, or for Juan..... just last night he was telling me how he's happy for me, but he misses me, and misses that we don't hang out as much.. and that hurts. It's the hardest part of this whole thing... trying to better yourself, without hurting the ones you love. Especially for me I think, because i'm not just trying to lose the weight so that I'm healthy and skinny for everyday life.. but I'm newly engaged, and am trying to meet specific goals for my wedding, so it's like, one, I'm doing this for me, for our day, but two, it's hurting my relationship. Unfortunately, I can't force anyone to come workout with me, Juan and I from day 1 have had different ways of dropping pounds, and we are pretty much stuck to our ways.. .he does his thing, I do mine. Thats just the way the cookie crumbles my friends... and it sucks. It's not that he doesn't support me, that's not true in any way, it's just hard, and I understand that.

W4jaEZ on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Last night I met with Brian (the owner of RTB) and we talked about diet and nutrition - and we are going to be taking it to a level that I haven't taken it before. Well, actually, I retract that... the "detox" I used to do, is a lot similar to what my diet will be from here on out, but I think it's going to be harder this time. I really learned what I should and should NOT be eating... because it's so hard for women's bodies to lose the weight, since we were built to have some chub and be baby makers, there are tons of things that we think are OK for our body, that really aren't. And last night, I learned a lot about it... And like Brian said, this isn't a "diet" this is changing your eating habits to give you a healthy life. And I believe that. I think the problem with a lot of these quick loss weight loss programs is that you do them for a year or so but you aren't training yourself how to eat healthy for life... you are training yourself how to be healthy for your immediate goals... I really have a much better sense now on what this banana is doing to my body instead of just, I'm going to eat it since it's a fruit. It's really pretty cool.

What does this mean though? It means again, less socializing, more working out and eating right. If I am going to achieve such radical goals in one year, this is what is going to have to happen... and hopefully my friends won't get pissed, and won't be upset with me, but instead, will go on a bike ride, or take a boot camp class with me... but see that I need to do this, I can't step off track by going to the bar one night and skipping the gym... that this is my life right now, and hopefully you will be there with me along the road... Does this sound selfish of me? Of course... but honestly, I've been a good friend, for a long time, and I was always the YES girl, YES I'll go drink, YES I'll party all night, YES I'll eat that whole cheese PIZZA ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! haha... But I can't do that anymore.. plain and simple... And stop making me trying to eat a whole cheese pizza when I'm drunk, I won't do it! HAHAHAHA..

This doesn't mean I'm going to be lame, shit ass boring, Andrea... I'm still planning on going on my trips, I'm still planning on going out and such - but I'm just changing some of the habits that I had in the past, to reach my goal in the future.

SO AFTER ALL THIS - AFTER 8 WEEKS - I know it might not sound huge to you guys, but I lost over 12 inches on my body - 4 1/2 in my bust, and 4 1/2 in my waist to point out the big ones... and 10 pounds! A normal, healthy weight loss is a pound a week, and yeah, that sounds like not a ton, but it's healthy weight off that I will keep off!

I couldn't be happier... (well, I could, not thinking about everything I'm about to give up as far as FOOD YUM YUM FOOOOOOOD) but, really... I say this again, I couldn't have done this without you guys... without the trainers at RTB, without Juan... and this is only the beginning!

I also think about the things I COULDN'T do in the past, and the things I want to do...

  • I couldn't wear a north face jacket unless it was dudes, because a womens didn't fit me. 
  • I couldn't wear sweet ass snowboarding gear bc again, the women's stuff didn't fit me... 
  • I couldn't fit into a blazer because it wouldn't fit around my sides and button -- (my arms are still an issue, but I'm sure those will start shrinking soon as well) 
  • I couldn't shop at awesome stores like GAP/AE/ATL without shopping online in their "Large Sizes"
  • I couldn't fit into most XL Nike workout pants... 
  • I couldn't even really fit comfortably in a plane seat...


All these things are now I CAN'S... we are getting there, slowly but surely... but I'm about to buy my first North Face winter jacket, and some new snowboarding gear that isn't MENS for this upcoming season... I love being able to say, finally... I can get this stuff... And eventually I will have all the problems skinny people have with shopping and such - more problems like - I can't find this in my color, or this might be too big, can I get a smaller size, or even, these are too small, can I get a larger size! Because up till now, I've ALWAYS BEEN THE LARGEST SIZE! haha

So, after all that, I leave you with this today... THANK YOU. If you are reading this, I have to THANK YOU... and because if I can finally do it... ANYONE can do it...

Well, I'll leave you this as well -
From our friends at Dashing Dish:


Carmel Apple Pie Protein Shake!!!!!! Yum.
Ingredients
1/2 cupFat free cottage cheese 1
1Scoop vanilla protein powder 2
1/2 cupApple chopped fine, or 1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 tspCaramel extract (or 2 tbs sugar free butterscotch pudding mix)
1/2 tspApple or pumpkin pie spice
DashCinnamon
5-10Ice cubes (Depending on how thick you like it, use less for a thinner consistency)
1/2-1 cupWater (Alter this according to desired consistency)
Optional:1/2 tsp xanthan gum 3, 1/2 tsp butter extract
1 Cottage cheese may sound strange, but TRUST me… this is what makes the ‘MILKSHAKE’ consistency! Also, if you are sensitive to dairy, you can use tofu to get the same consistency!

2 I use Designer Whey Protein powder. (I WOULD SUBSTITUTE THIS WITH Vitol Egg White Protein Ice Cream Vanilla -- 12 oz (LINK HERE)) It has 100 calories per scoop. I buy the vanilla flavor because it’s a good base to add whatever flavors you want to make. It is also all natural. You can buy it from Kroger, GNC, Trader Joe’s, Amazon, or Netrition.com.

3 You can get xanthan gum from most grocery stores in the gluten free section! Just a pinch of it makes your shake so thick and creamy!

Nutrition Breakdown

1Serving
213Calories per Shake
0 gFat
16 gCarbohydrate
2 gFiber
10 gSugar
36 gProtein
5WWP+*

WORDS TO LIVE BY:











1 comment:

  1. Andrea- 10 lbs lost and all those inches!! Amazing girl, I know how hard it is to loose that much. Keep going--once you make workouts part of your everyday life- you'll feel weird without them.

    ReplyDelete