Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Frankly... starting to get annoyed.

Ok so, there comes a time where people change. And right now, I am changing. My focus on life is getting in shape and dropping lb's, not going out and drinking and being social. If you know me, you know that I am up every morning at 4:30am, heading to work by 5, working from 6:30-3, back home by 4:30pm, grab a quick dinner, maybe do an hour or so of freelance (to pay for this wedding), then am at the gym from basically 7pm-9pm, get home, and repeat. I don't even get to spend time with Juan, let alone go out and be social with people... so IF you know my schedule, and IF you know me, you would be happy for me, and happy that I'm finally getting into a routine where I am working out. But no. Apparently, I'm still the bad guy.

AND THE FUNNY THING IS IM ACTUALLY LOSING WEIGHT AND I CAN'T EVEN BE EXCITED BECAUSE MY FRIENDS ARE ALL MAD AT ME!!!!!!!

Listen.... I don't live in Arlington, so I can't just go to work at 8:30, come home, go to bocce, work out, blah blah blah, I can't. The fact of the matter is that I live in the middle of F'ing NOWHERE (that being so we could purchase a home) and driving in and out of DC takes time, and unfortunately, it takes too much time for me that I can't get a workout in if I decide to go out and drink... which, I'm sorry, is not on my main priorities right now. It's starting to get really annoying when people are getting pissed at me because I don't have time to hang out anymore because I'M TRYING TO GET SKINNY. As my friend, you should support this.

Just because I'm working out, doesn't mean I'm not friends with people anymore, it just means my priorities have changed and not only do I not have time to hang out with my friends, I don't even have time for Juan, and he has to be the priority.

BLAH - ANYWAYS, I'm OVER people giving me shit for all of this, I am a good friend to A LOT OF PEOPLE, and I'm just asking you to not be pissed at me please. Now, if you need me, I will be working out. HAHA.

PS- PUMPKIN SPICED LATTES ARE BACK BABY, SO MAYBE WE CAN GO GET A COFFEE TOGETHER (and then work out ;)
OH, and get the damn LivingSocial deal so we can get coffee on the cheap ;)


XOXOX

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you...your priorities have changed and its good...maybe you are growing up... It happens you know... But that doesn't mean that you are no fun anymore ..you should love yourself first.... And be healthy.... although it's not about being skinny... it's really about being healthy.... and at a good weight where you feel comfortable with yourself.... it may not be a size 6, but it is not a size 18... you will know when you reach that place where you get dressed without getting stressed out, where you don't have to wear 15 layers, where you don't have to wear slob wear.... you are beautiful Andrea, and will be even more beautiful when you love yourself and feel comfortable with where you are.... those people that don't support you are not true friends, so if they are mad at you so be it... friends should support you through thick or thin ( no pun intended)... keep at it and do it the right way.... it's a life change....hugs... Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you too and any moment that I get to see you or chat over IM is a good moment for me :) KEEP IT up A, in the end the most important thing is YOU, your health and your hubby to be. Don't let anyone get you down. You are a wonderful, loyal, loving friend ALWAYS.
    XO
    Steph

    ReplyDelete