Friday, November 2, 2012

What I would tell my 12 year old self.

Lets first start out with this. I've been preaching in my blog about weight loss, and I use the word skinny all the time, but this morning I saw an Instagram from my college from Giuliva saying "being healthy and fit is so much more important than being skinny" and that's totally 100% true. All I want is to be healthy and in shape and along with that happening, drop some of these unwanted pounds. So, just so that you all know, I'm not trying to be Kendal Kardashian here (OMG have you SEEN how skinny she is. I mean girl eat a cheeseburger once and a while it won't kill you!) I just want to be at a healthy weight and in shape!

So, today... I wanted to give you guys an update on how much I lost so far, but I wasn't able to get to the gym yesterday to have Evie weigh me... yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.. really? Evie has to weigh you? Well, honestly, yes. The minute I look at the scale and see that dreaded number that I so very very much don't want to see, I get discouraged and want to quit. SO yeah, for now, until I've lost at LEAST 30-40 pounds, my eyes, will NOT be on a scale, and I will have to continue having Evie weigh me hahaha.... Childish, I know, but what are you going to do? I've come so far, I can't get discouraged now. So I will let you know maybe Monday whats been up - hopefully it's good! :) I want to know too!

Anyways... I've been thinking a lot on the train rides into work in the morning, and for some reason that whole idea of "What would you tell yourself if you could go back in time" came across my brain and I started thinking of some stuff as I go through this life style change that might have helped me not be as big as I am today...

Dear 12 year old Andrea......
A happy meal at McDonald's is not considered a "fully balanced meal" just because your burger has lettuce and onions on it and you're having orange hi-c doesn't mean you've hit all the food groups.

Don't stop playing basketball. The freshman 15 will hit, and you will regret not being on a collegiate sports team.

You might be bigger than all the other 12 year olds, but you are still beautiful and never forget that.

Watching the kids on saved by the bell or full house play outside on tv does not count as YOU playing outside.

That piece of candy you begged your parents to eat after each dinner WILL come back to haunt you when you are trying on prom dresses. You're hips WILL lie.

Just because you have a "double chin" doesn't mean you can't be in photos. You'll want to remember those days.

Less POG playing, more rollerblading.

Your dad WILL stop commenting on your weight. Well actually, scratch that, your 28 now and he still hasn't. :-P

No matter what you think about yourself, what you look like, how many friends you have, how many sleepovers you are invited to, or not invited to, you are a truly amazingly beautiful person and even though you aren't a size 0 at JCPennys, it doesn't matter because your life will be great and middle and high school are just a bump in the road and come college, your life will begin.

And lastly, stop eating Mario's pizza so much, yeah it's AH-MAZING but come your wedding day and after all the work you had to get to to fit into a size 8 dress, you will regret it :)

I wonder if the 12 year old me would bitch slap me and say GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF after I told her all this?!??

Happy Friday Friends!

2 comments:

  1. I've just started reading your blog and girl, I FEEL YOU. I look exactly as you do and have never been able to relate to someone so much. I have struggled with feeling horrid, feeling like people are staring at me because of my weight for my whole life. You can do it and I'm sure if you keep going the way you are, you will look absolutely stunning on your wedding day. Thanks for the motivation, all the way from Aus! :) Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwww! Sophie - I really REALLY appreciate the kind words. I'm glad that my ranting and raving (or basically bitching) about my issues with weight loss can be motivating for other people!!!! I am just doing this for fun, and you know what, people like you, make me just want to keep writing... THANKS for the love girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete