Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Without you, I couldn't do it.

To the man sitting in front of me on the train this morning..... I don't know what I'm most upset about, the fact that you are eating a amazingly smelling chick-fil-a breakfast or that you won't share with me. Haha.

I think the worst thing about dieting and working out and getting in shape is watching others devour something that you want so badly. I'm sitting here, had just worked out, dreaming of the most delicious protein shake I get to have In about an hour when I get to the office. Sounds like heaven right? UGH KILL ME I WANT CHICK-FIL-A DAMNIT!!!!!

Anyways I'm so hungry, but that's not the point of today's post. Today I want to get all sappy and shit.

I never ever thought that writing this blog for myself would turn into something that has gotten me suck a positive response. When I started doing this maybe a year or so ago I even hesitated putting it on Facebook.... I was like really? Do I really want to put it all out there? Do I really want people knowing my sizes, my weight (which u still don't know yet :-P), horrid pictures of me? Do I? But then I did it and you know what, it wasn't that bad. And then I started being real and the responses I got were just awesome. And even now, the more I post the more I get inspiration. I think of this blog as more of an accountability blog instead of a motivational blog or just my horrible rantings, because now I know people are reading it and I'm being held accountable for my actions.

What people have said to me, the good, the bad (ahhhemmmm read prior blog posts haha) it's all been the most amazing support I could have ever even imagined. I don't need a million followers but a few good people saying a few good things just make it all so much more worth it. This positive response and the fact that I feel like something I might be saying might get someone back to the gym or even just get them thinking about how they are doing just makes me feel great. I've never been a person that felt like they have ever made a difference in ANYONE'S life or felt inspirational to ANYONE so the fact that I'm getting people to even read my blog makes me tear up.

I think the most notable one was from the amazing Sophie yesterday. She commented on my post about what I would tell my 12 year old self:

I've just started reading your blog and girl, I FEEL YOU. I look exactly as you do and have never been able to relate to someone so much. I have struggled with feeling horrid, feeling like people are staring at me because of my weight for my whole life. You can do it and I'm sure if you keep going the way you are, you will look absolutely stunning on your wedding day. Thanks for the motivation, all the way from Aus! :) Sophie

I think the reason I cried when I saw this was because she's not my friend, she's not someone I know, she's not
Someone who I have on Facebook that gets my updates about when I post, she found my blog and is a complete stranger and really likes it! That just makes me feel so good about what I'm doing.

So many of my amazing friends have had amazing things to say and it just makes me feel so great. I honestly couldn't do this without the MOTIVATION from you. So, to the most amazing people that take the time to read my horrifically written blog, I THANK YOU. YOU ARE THE REASON I DO THIS!!!

And I love you for it.

Ok, I'm done being sappy

Also I'm so excited that today is voting day just because I'm sick of all the fighting on Facebook! I mean come on, do we really need to fight about each others political views?!? No we don't. Everyone has the right to their own opinion and If your opinion and mine don't match, who gives a fuck! No need to get in personally heated debates about it. Today's the day that matters so get out there and vote for whoever you want! Just make it count.

Ok. Time to sleep for a few minutes. Happy Election Day everyone!

(Check out my emo thank you pic to you guys. So hot and emo)

No comments:

Post a Comment