Monday, August 6, 2012

So what if I workout on Wii?

So yeah, you can judge all you want, but Juan and I are living proof that workouts on Wii DO WORK! If you don't have time, or don't want to go to a gym because you don't want to be around all the skinny people when you work out (thats totally how i feel), then grab one of these awesome games and DO IT AT HOME. It's better then doing nothing!

This recent article I read, What’s the best workout? Video games vs. the gym talks about some awesome games for Wii and Kinect. I wish I had Kinect, but I don't, so I stick with Jillian Michaels on my DVD player and then these games for wii!

 

From the article: But do they work? 
A recent study carried out at Southeastern Louisiana University says they do — when played at intermediate and higher levels. They looked at the exercise benefits of Wii Fit’s hula and step games on everyday women. When the games were played at an intermediate level, the energy expended was equivalent to a brisk walking pace of 3.5 miles per hour. Playing the hula game at an intermediate level also helped shed up to almost five calories per minute. “The key finding is that it is a viable means of exercise,” says co-author Dr. Robert Kraemer, Professor of Exercise Physiology at the university. He points out it’s just one way of keeping fit, and that mixing up your exercise patterns is often a good approach.

The other article I read talked about a bunch of awesome games for different video game consoles.
WORKOUT GAME REVIEWS. 

I'm telling you, if you don't like working out at the gym, like me, because I feel like I'm being judged, walk daily, and do these workouts... then when you are skinny and feel comfortable going into the gym, GET YOUR ASS TO THE GYM!!!

Enough for now.
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment