Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 1: Not. Ready.

Alright, today... is Day 1. Day one of starting Weight Watchers again from being off it while on vacation, and day 1 of JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 day SHRED! I know, I know... it's not working out at the gym, but I have honestly found that if I explode out of the gates and just feel like I have to be dieting and working out full fledge at the beginning I A) Stress the F out like no other, B) always feel like shit because I go from probably an unhealthy 2200 calorie diet a day to a 1200 calorie diet a day and that makes me miserable to begin with. So working out at home, shreding for 20 minutes a day is a good way to start out this marathon... you're right, this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. That's also why I think it's ok to start out slow and ease into it. It's not like I'm going to drop 100lbs over night people! Who do I look like?!?! But if I can do it in a year, then I can start by focusing on my diet first, then move into the heavy workouts! (ps. my amazing Sittoo, loving and caring as she is, doesn't think I can drop 80lbs by my wedding, psssshhhh, I'm going to prove her wrong!).

So of course, in prior tradition of starting an awesome diet, I clearly went out this weekend and ate my face off. Friday night started with dinner and dessert at Texas de Brazil (ALL THE MEAT YOU CAN EAT) - but that was mainly because we go there once a year for my birthday because we are cheap and get the "one dinner free for your birthday" coupon. Shit, at $48 a pop, any money you can NOT spend at that place, the better. Dinner alone WITH a free meal was $150 and we only had 1 glass of wine each, coffee, cappuccino, and dessert. I mean come on! Anyways, for those who don't even know what TDB is, it's only the most AMAZING place for meat eaters in the world. It's Fogo de Chao, minus a few celebs, and a few hundred dollars for dinner. It's awesome, but its HORRIBLE for you. The meat is def loaded with oils and salts, and the sides, even though there are salads and sushi's, I go for the potatoes au gratin and rice. Clearly, not the best option for a healthy meal!


Damn, this makes me hungry looking at it again. ugh. 

Then, clearly, Saturday was dinner at Gordon Biersch, which again, not super healthy, but not the end of the world. But to top it all off, was Sunday and mine and Joanna's decision to go to Outback for a late lunch and beers. Welp, I clearly ate too much and felt like shit afterwords, but omg was it worth it. From now on, NO MORE SHITTY FOOD. No more french fries, no more ranch dressing, I gotta fit into a hot dress, and I'm not going to accomplish that going out outback and getting cheese fries! haha

(super ashamed to show this photo, but I've gotta be honest)


Now that this weekend is over and I'm sitting at my desk, I just keep thinking about how happy and skinny I will be when this is all over, and it makes me realize that I can do this. WOOHOOO. 


Happy day 1 - See ya later double chins!!!!! 


Tata for now, 
Andrea




1 comment:

  1. i'm going to read this every day sissy! so crazy proud of you!!! if you ever need a zumba partner and your back home, you know who to call! i love that stuff!;p

    ReplyDelete