Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day??? I lost count. And I hate CRANK.

Ahhhhhh so as most of you know I started this new workout program this week with my old trainer, and pretty bad ass chick if you ask me, Evie. This is her to the left. She's mean as SHIT. But she gets the job done. Anyways.... let me tell you, I'm only 2 days in, and I feel like SHIT... SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT. Let's see how many times I can fit SHIT into the post. But the good kind of shit. The sore kind of shit. Not that, ugh I can't do this, SHIT, but the damn, I'm so out of shape SHIT. But at the same time, I love feeling sore. It makes me feel like I'm actually doing something when I'm at the gym from like 7:30-9pm everyday.... UGH.

So this crank program. It's legit. It's over at the new gym Evie works at called, Raise the Bar Strength and Conditioning. Now, I'm not going to lie, when I walked in there, I was like SHIT, I do NOT belong here... everyone was fit like no other... They had cut arms, 24 packs of abs, and here I walk in with big flabby arms and abs I haven't seen in decades! I was super intimidated, let me tell you. But then I started meeting everyone and the good thing is, I didn't feel judged. I felt like I belonged. Everyone is there for the same reason, to drop some LBS, get in shape, or just get more and more fit. I even wore a sleeveless shirt to my first class, and that's HUGE. I always wear sleeves because I hate these flabby arms! The CRANK class consists of 4 workout classes a week working on weight lifting, either upper or lower body, and then 2 30 minute cardio sessions a week, and that's IT. I thought, oh I'm taking this CRANK class I'm going to have to be in the gym like 9 times a week and I won't have a life and all that SHIT, but nope.. it's pretty simple.. well minus the work outs - dudes, yesterday we had to run suicides in the parking lot, I haven't run suicides in ummmmm I don't know 10 years since I played basketball? HAHAHA ("I do suicides on the tourrrr busssss, I do suicides on the private jet, you know what that mean, that I'm fly to death" - thanks kanye) it sucked. HAHAHAHA.



Along with the workouts, Evie put together a meal plan for us. As you can see, we get to eat every 2 hours, but this will be my diet for the next 8 weeks... andddddd pretty sure I won't be boozing it up. Oh well... no pain no gain right?!?!?! It's pretty awesome... so I guess I am complaining but also pumped about all of this.. this is the first time I've wanted to work out daily... Let's just hope this all works out because I'm sick of looking like I have a baby-on-board when I wear a maxi dress! HAHAHAH

Here is one of the recipes that Evie gave us - it's great, you should all try it esp before a workout!


Chile Chicken & Basil
Ingredients

1 lb Chicken breast
2 Serrano Chiles
1 tsp Light soy sauce
2 cups fresh basil
1 Tbsp fish sauce
3 Garlic cloves


Preparation
Chop garlic and chilies finely, add a pinch of salt, use back of spoon to scrape, make into paste. Sauté` paste in oil add chopped chicken breast. Add soy sauce, fish sauce, cook until chicken is done. Add basil until wilted, season with black pepper. Enjoy with 1 cup brown rice.

Ok, that's it for now!
Thanks for listening!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment