Thursday, October 18, 2012

Andrea & The Dudes.

So I thought it would be appropriate to start today's post off with that title. Andrea and the dudes haha. Sounds like a band name doesn't it? Well no, sorry, I didn't start a rock band, although many of you think I would be a great super star, these dudes aren't in front of the lime light.... They are my new gym buddies.

Since CRANK ended, I jumped right back in and signed up for 8 weeks of bootcamp. Why not right? I've done so well so far, making it to the gym 9 straight weeks in a row (probably my personal best since playing sports in school). Today was day four... I'm not gonna lie, I thought it would be semi easy seeing as though I seem to think I'm some body builder now that I've been working out for 9 weeks haha but NO THIS SHITS INTENSE. But back to my dudes, haha. So I walk into the first class on Monday at 6:15am, not knowing what to expect except maybe seeing some familiar faces, but what I got was a room full of dudes and me. Now normally I would be SUPER uncomfortable, but the minute I walked in the jokes were made that a girl was finally in this glass and I officially felt welcome. These dudes are great. They range from like a 23 year old to probably 40's-50's and they are strong as shit. Let me tell you haha. But I'm keeping right up there with them. It's great too because normally I would feel so awkward working out or even showing up in workout clothes because I feel like people are judging you. ESP GUYS. But not here, this is the first time I've ever felt comfortable in a room full of dudes. Hahahaha. But no, I really like it, I really love them. And I really feel like I'm getting pushed to better myself. I'm addicted to working out now and getting in shape and 100% getting rid of my fat wings on my arms haha. This isn't just for my wedding anymore. This is more than that. This is me making the decision to better my life, feeling better, feeling healthy and being in shape so that when the time comes, I will be alive a lot longer then my grandkids. (Because you know by then there will be some ridiculous way to live that long haha).

I'm still getting the pushback from friends, but its just going to have to be something that I get used to. A true friend will stick with you thru whatever is going on, even if its a big life change like this. (It doesn't help that work is so crazy and I don't have a life anymore) but people want to blame my change in wanting to workout on me shutting myself out when really, I've always put everyone else first, I've never put myself first, and you know what, I'm finally putting myself first and you're either in it with me and won't care if we don't talk daily, or you're out. It sounds harsh but for my own sanity I need to be like this. Welcome to the new me folks, love it or leave it. I'm still the amazing friend I've always been and ill be there if you ever need me but if my focus has shifted slightly, I'm sorry. I thank some amazing people who have helped me out over the past few days realizing that I just need to so me. I love you for it. (You know who you are).

Ok well anyways, for now, 4 days into 8 weeks, lets see if I make it through week 1 and we can celebrate.

Have an awesome day. And oh hey, a big FU to all those haters out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment