Thursday, October 25, 2012

Don't read my blog if you don't like it. Plain and simple

Another day another ride into DC on the good old VRE. This schedule isn't half bad actually. I'm getting used to it. I do feel bad though because I bought a coffee from the coffee truck this morning and it tastes like balls, but the guy who sold it was really nice haha.

Anyways, happy Thursday folks. Good thing this morning I want to totally eat my feelings in bacon egg and cheeses but I won't, ill drink this shit coffee instead. Why am I pissed do you ask? Because some people are just fuckers, plain and simple. Fuckers. I got a nice FB message last night from someone I haven't talked to in a really long time who apparently has been keeping tabs on my blog. It said "I've been reading your blog, I think you should quit complaining, we didn't make you the way you are, you did it to yourself." Well. Isn't that just sweet. Part of me thinks that this person was trying to be funny but mostly, I think this person was being honest. Listen, I'm not writing and sharing this blog so that the whole world can hear me whining, I'm writing this blog to hold some sort of accountability for myself, and to just vent about the toughness of losing weight. If you don't like my blog and my "complaining, whining, bitching and groaning" then DON'T READ IT. No one asked you to read it, no one twisted your arm, now go eat a cheeseburger, sit on your ass and still lose weight. Yeah, I wish you were in my shoes, unfortunately my body doesn't have the luxury of being able to eat whatever I want and still staying a size 2 without working out. I actually have to work really damn hard to drop one pound, and I don't need your shit.

I just keep thinking about how I never had to start this blog, but I wanted to, I wanted to be open about this time in my life and sure do I over share, maybe, do I sound like a dumbass sometimes, of course, but this is me and if you don't want to read it. DON'T. I am working really hard and I don't need someone saying that to me. Sure, it's my fault, I drank too much, ate like a retard and enjoyed college, and gained weight, but that doesn't make me a bad person and I'm still beautiful, I'm just trying to better myself, gain some self confidence and be healthy. Be in a larger persons shoes for a minute and see how they aren't accepted unless they are a size 2, you will never know how it feels nor have you ever. So you tell me to shut up, but YOU SHUT UP! Haha

Ok sorry, rant over, I'm just pissed this morning haha.

I've got some take always for today's readers, kind of like a, hey thanks for listening to me complain. And also, thanks for being amazing friends and supporting me through this whole thing, I couldn't do it without you.

Since Brian and I talked about "Eating right for your blood type" it's a book, find out your blood type and get on that shit, there are certain things that you should learn about your blood type and what you should or shouldn't be eating. Me personally, my 2 weight gainers are Gluten and dairy so in order to help that I'm working on going gluten and dairy free. I found some awesome recipes below to make and I think you guys should too!

First I found these awesome Apple Pie Protein Muffins from Dashing Dish

1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
4 Egg whites
1 cup Unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
1 1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice (or apple pie spice)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 3/4 cup Oats 1
1/2 cup Baking stevia OR 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar 2
1/4 cup Plain or vanilla protein powder (or an additional 1/4 cup oats)
1 Large apple (about 1 cup chopped), chopped into fine pieces

1 Look for gluten free oats if you are gluten intolerant.

2 I used NuNaturals More Fiber Stevia Baking Blend. If using packets of stevia, I recommend using about 8-12, or adjust according to taste.

Method:
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, (or line with silicone muffin liners coated with non-stick spray).

2 Place all ingredients (except for chopped apples) in a blender, starting with liquid ingredients for easy blending. Blend until oats are completely ground, and batter is smooth.

3 Stir chopped apples into the batter until everything is well combined. Pour batter into muffin tin, dividing evenly between 12 cups.

4 Bake muffins for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean

The 2nd recipe I found was this awesome one from Dashing Dish as well:

Orange Sesame Chicken
1.5 lb (About 3-4 breasts) Chicken breasts, raw, chopped into bite size pieces

4 cups Broccoli florets (or 1 large head of cauliflower for cauliflower rice)

For the Sauce:
1 (15 oz) Can no sugar added mandarin oranges (use the juice to cook the chicken)
1/4 cup Rice wine vinegar
1 tbs Soy sauce (I use low sodium)
3 tbs Ketchup (I used no sugar added)
3 pkts Stevia (or sweetener of choice)
1 tsp Garlic, chopped (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
1 tbs Sesame seeds
Optional: 1/4 tsp ginger powder, 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (for added heat)

Method:
1 Spray a large skillet or non-stick pan with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add the juice from the mandarin oranges directly to the pan with the chicken (this will make for moist chicken, and prevent it from drying out while cooking). Cook , stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, or no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. (Discard any juice at this point if there is any left after chicken is cooked).

2 To make the sauce: Combine everything for the sauce in the same non-stick skillet used to cook your chicken (chicken should be set aside). Reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.

3 Add chicken back to the pan with the thickened sauce, and stir until chicken is well coated with the sauce. Remove from heat, and sprinkle sesame seeds over chicken.

4 To prepare the broccoli, you can steam it one of two ways:Option One: Fill a medium pot with water, bring it to a boil over high heat, and add broccoli florets. Lower heat to medium, cover pot, and cook broccoli for 2-4 minutes, (or until broccoli becomes tender), and strain in a colander.Option Two: Place broccoli florets in a large microwave safe container with 1/2 cup water. Cover bowl with saran wrap, and pierce with a knife a few times to let out steam. Microwave for 5 minutes (or until broccoli becomes tender). Carefully remove bowl from microwave and strain in a colander. OR prepare cauliflower rice according to this recipe.

5 Serve one cup of broccoli on each plate, and divide chicken evenly among four servings. Enjoy warm! Note: This dish also makes great leftovers!

K so that should be good for today, I'm going to nap for my last few minutes on my VRE ride, and think about all my amazing uplifting friends that are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment