Friday, October 26, 2012

If I can do it, YOU can do it. REALLY?

That phrase, if I can do it, you can do it. It's used SO often. But is it true? When a quarterback says to a linebacker, hey, if I can throw the ball 80 yards for a touchdown, YOU can throw the ball 80 yards for a touch down, can that really happen? Doubtful. Or, a 5' 5" 110lb girl says, hey, if I can finish a half marathon YOU can finish a half marathon... Honey, my thighs are as big as your waist and the last time I ran a mile it was because they were giving away free donuts and I just had to SPRINT to get to them. Highly unlikely.

That phrase, used to be somewhat of a motivational phrase.. like a friend saying, hey, I lost 10 pounds and shit, if I can do it, YOU can do it. But even then, my body might be different from your body, my metabolism might be different from YOUR metabolism, there's just no saying that the ever-so used phrase, is even motivational now! It goes both ways too - like this morning, talking about the Tough Mudder in April... I go to Jenny, (she owns the gym, so clearly, in super shape), "come on, do the tough mudder, if I can do it, YOU can do it." well, I mean come on, that's a no brainer. No shit. She EATS tough mudders for dinner. Me on the other hand, I've only just finished my 2nd week of bootcamp. haha... So yeah, where are you going with this? Right? Well, how about this... IF I CAN DO THIS, YOU CAN DO THIS. And this isn't a lie.

I never thought, that I would be in this position I am today. Anytime I ever started a diet, a workout fad, NYE rolled around and I said, this is going to be my YEAR, that lasted about 2 days, and I was like, F THIS NOISE, I quit. But now, NOW, I'm looking back and 12 weeks ago when I walked into RTB, I never thought that I would be finishing my 2nd week of bootcamp, and getting myself ready for a Tough Mudder next spring! All it took was a little motivation, some result seeings, good friends, and people to push me.

Yesterday, I was down, yeah... I was pissed, I was frustrated, weight LOSS sucks. It's not fun, it's not easy, you can't eat your favorite foods anymore (by the way, anyone reading this and wants to mail me some Mario's pizza, I'll love you forever HAHA), you have to manage your time so that you make it to the gym on the reg, and a lot of people just don't get it - but if this is what YOU WANT, then YOU can do it.

Again, I'm not sitting here saying that I'm horribly large, ugly, anything like that, I don't want to lose the weight just so I "look better", that's not the only reason... the main reason is because I want to feel great, and fit into clothes, and not be that lard in sweatpants on the couch anymore. The most amazing thing I could ever have though, is someone to support me in whatever I do. I thank so many people, but I have to give the biggest shout out to Juan - no matter what, if I kept going, or stopped tomorrow, he would still love me, and that makes me feel great. (I'm sure he will love me even more when I look like a super moddddeeeel!!! hahaha)

Sidebar - am I the only one who is TERRIFIED of the mirrors in the gym???! Dude - I HATE the mirrors - anytime I have to do a move in bootcamp and I have to be in front of the mirror - head's down, and I'm checking out my sneakers. I don't want to see  my rolls jiggling around when I am jumping up and down or when I'm lifting weights... no thank you!

Listen, if you don't have time, and all you can do is a small workout a day, even that's better then nothing. I have some fun workouts below for you to do in your home, wherever - but doing something is better then doing nothing. A really good friend said to me yesterday on Facebook, Tessa Alexandria ...and don't look at how far you still have to go to reach your goal, look at how far you have already come. You are already 11 weeks ahead of every loser sitting on their couch!!

She's RIGHT. Don't look how far I still have to go (wedding dress shopping in Dec, or wedding next Oct), look how far I've already come... I never EVER would have sat here and said, hey, I'm going to train and KILL IT at the tough mudder.... at the same time, yes, she's RIGHT. I am, already 11 weeks ahead of people sitting on their couches.. and guess what, 11 weeks ago, I was that person sitting on my couch. I would rather eat pizza and watch trashy real housewives of some stupid city, then get myself HEALTHY.

You know what, if you want to lose weight then START NOW. Go out, get yourself this, it's a TRX suspension system for the home, and start working out. TRX is the BEST way to build muscle, and start dropping those LBs like they were a bad fashion statement.

Or, if you don't want to do that, go out and WALK. Just walk.....

But if you want to work out - here are some workouts you can do, and QUICK.

Melt It Off: Calorie-Burning Circuit Workout 
(they have weird names for these, like number 1 is really a "burpee" haha but it works.)

And then last but not least - I think I might make these this weekend - it's a great alternative to pumpkin pie!

Pumpkin Cheesecake Shooters from Skinny Taste!
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 16 • Size: 1 shot glass* • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2
Calories: 78 • Fat: 4.2 g • Carb: 11.6 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 1 g • Sugar: 7.5 g
Sodium: 16.5 mg 

Ingredients:
3 (1.5 oz total) whole chocolate graham crackers
  • 4 oz 1/3 fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup pure canned pumpkin
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 tbsp dark brown sugar, unpacked
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 8 oz light whipped topping (I used Truwhip light)

Directions:

Crush graham crackers in a food processor. Set aside.

In a large bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth with an electric mixer. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg and cinnamon. Beat until well combined and creamy.  Use a spatula to fold in 5 oz (1-1/2 cups) of the whipped topping; combine until no streaks remain. Place in a piping bag or ziplock bag with a corner snipped off.

To assemble: Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs on the bottom of each shot glass. Pipe a layer of pumpkin cheesecake onto the graham cracker crust (about 1 tbsp) followed by a layer of whipped topping. Repeat a second layer and finish with another sprinkle of crumbs. Insert small spoons and refrigerator until ready to serve.

*Each shot glass has 2 tbsp pumpkin cheesecake, 1 tbsp whipped topping, 1 tsp graham cracker crumbs total.

Ok enough for now - see you later dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment