Thursday, October 4, 2012

Suck it up and Suck it In!

Happy Thursday folks! It's been a while, but man, have things changed. It's so funny to me how I have done a complete 180 since my whole workout kick began 7 weeks ago. 

First, HILARIOUS... Let me tell you, I often sit there and tell myself, SUCK IT UP ANDREA, but don't forget to suck it in. My whole ENTIRE life, I have sucked my gut in. You wouldn't believe how big I really am if I let my chub go. As I sit here writing this post, I'm letting my suck in, out, and it feels weird!!! I've just naturally sucked in for probably 20 years, that when I'm skinny enough to not have to suck in, it's going to be hilarious! Not sure why I got on this topic, but yeah... Anyways.

So, back to this whole 180 degree change thing. Before I started this whole workout/diet thing, all I ever wanted to do was go to work, come home, relax, watch TV, or hang out with friends.... now, all I want to do is GO TO THE GYM! I am pumped. The gym I go to is amazing, and the classes I take, are amazing, and even after 7 weeks, after every class, I can't move. I'm sore in places I didn't know had muscles, and its hard for me to wake up the next morning. I literally get depressed now if I don't go to the gym almost everyday. I think that's so funny. I go from party girl, Andrea, to workout girl, Andrea. As fun as it has been, it's also been a struggle. People are different towards me now, they get upset with me, they can't just be happy for me... and then there are some people, I'm not going to name names, but I'm going to vent, that mock me, tell me how great of a job I am doing, and then lie straight to my face about things.. STOP, you are so annoying. You are pissing me off. This is not a f'ing joke to me. I have NEVER been skinny, EVER, in my whole entire life, and you doing these things that you are doing, it's making me mad. It's the most annoying thing when you work so damn hard at something, and others just mock and lie. I'm not doing this to just drop a few pounds, I'm doing this so that for once in my life, when I walk in front of 300 people, I don't feel like a fat ass, I don't feel like everyone is looking at ME because I'm the fat kid in the room. I'm doing this to make sure that I'm around for a long time, when my kids are having kids, and my kids kids are having kids. So stop, don't lie to me. Stop making this a game or a joke. Because it's not for me. 

Wow, anyways, rant over... Again, Andrea... SUCK IT UP. Stop the bitching. But unfortunately, it's hard to feel good when others are making you feel angry or mad. My new gym friends are awesome. I never feel like I'm annoying them with my questions (well maybe I'm just annoying them with my facebook posts in our RtB groups, but I'm just so excited to see results and be part of this AMAZEBALLS family...), I always feel like they are pushing me to do my best, and it just makes me feel a MILLION times better. I've never been one for gyms, I always feel self conscious, I feel like the meat heads stare at the over weight chick and say, "yep, she def needs to be in here", it's just not my thing... and when I stepped out of our small group at Crank and stepped into a larger group in boot camp, I felt fine. I felt like no matter what I look like, I fit in. I even wore SLEEVELESS SHIRTS! Omg, for you that know me the closest, you know that me wearing sleeveless shirts is like UNHEARD of. hahahaha... But for real, yes, I like working out, but I think the bigger picture is that I like working out with the people I have been working out with, they make me feel good about myself, and cheer me on for trying to do what I'm doing.... I just love it... I thank them for that, they will never really truly understand how appreciative I am of all of them over there at RtB, you will be the reason that I walk down that aisle next fall looking amazing... 

So we only have 2 classes left of the 8 weeks of CRANK and I will finally find out how much I have lost over this process... Its hard to believe that 8 weeks have passed, and yeah, it might not show that I have dropped a ton but I feel amazing, and its getting me geared up for the next 8 weeks of intense bootcamp. I am happy about that. Hopefully, come December when I am trying on dresses, I will finally see all the results that I have been working so hard at trying to achieve.

OH by the way - I'm down to a L/XL top and a 14/16 bottom! Slowly but surely I am getting there.... (down from XXL and 18/20)

Alright, enough for now - but let me leave you with an awesome quote, and a recipe since I don't want you guys to listen to me bitch the whole time, I actually want you to get something out of this blog!!!!




RECIPE TIMEEEEE!!!  
I found this amazing recipe this morning on Dashing Dish - It's for Skinny, buffalo chicken bites!! I cannot WAIT to try these. 
1 cupChicken, cooked and shredded
1/4 cupHot sauce
1/2 cupMozzarella cheese, grated
4 ozFat free cream cheese, microwaved 30 seconds to soften
1/4 tspGarlic powder
1/4 tspOnion powder
24Wonton wrappers
Optional:Additional mozzarella cheese for topping

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet pan with foil or parchment paper (for easy clean up) and spray with cooking spray. 
In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, hot sauce, mozzarella cheese, and seasoning. 
Add the shredded chicken and stir until well combined.
Begin filling the wonton wrappers by placing about a tablespoon of filling in the center of each wrapper. You could use a little more or less, just try not to over-fill them, or the filling will ooze out the sides when you are baking them. To seal them shut, place your finger in the water…Then trace two of the corners with the water.
Fold the wrapper in half to meet the two dry corners with the two wet corners. Press to seal the two sides together. (Note: the water acts like glue to seal the corners shut!)
Continue filling until all of my wonton wrappers are filled. (Note: You may be able to fill even more than 24 wrappers depending on how much filling you use in each one!) When wonton wrappers are filled, give them a light spray with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese over the top of each one if desired.
Lay buffalo chicken bites on prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden brown. Enjoy with hot sauce, or light greek yogurt mixed with dry ranch seasoning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment