Thursday, October 20, 2011

Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip

So when I was googling photos for my awesome food collage of stuff I would love to be eating right now, I came across this awesome recipe for a "Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip".

Try it out - because I CAN'T FOR THE NEXT 2 weeks. hahahaha


*THANK YOU to Gina's Skinny Recipe's for this gem! :)

All the flavor of buffalo wings without messy hands! Perfect for your Superbowl Party. I lightened this using low fat and fat free ingredients. Adjust the heat to your liking and serve this with celery, chips or crackers.

Lighter Buffalo Chicken Dip 
Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1/2 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pts Calories: 107.9 • Fat: 4.9 g • Carbs: 5.4 g • Fiber: 0 g • Protein: 10.3 g 

4 oz reduced fat cream cheese, softened
1 cup fat free sour cream
1/2 cup Franks hot sauce (or whatever hot sauce you like)
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 tsp white wine vinegar
 2 cups (2 breasts) cooked shredded chicken

Mix the first 5 ingredients together until smooth. Add the chicken and put this in the crock pot on low for 3-4 hours. Serve warm. Makes 5 1/2 cups.

Let me know how it tastes... you know I'm a sucker for the REAL deal, my Aunt Annie's Buffalo Chicken Dip (recipe below, if you want to be a fat kid)

Buffalo Chicken Dip (fat kid style) 
 3 large cooked chicken breasts, shredded
2 8 oz. pkgs. cream cheese
8 oz. pepper jack cheese, melted
1 cup chopped celery
16 oz. ranch dressing 6 to 8 oz. (depending on how hot you want the dip) Frank's hot sauce

Combine all ingredients and place in a 8x8 baking dish or 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.

Alright, YOU be the judge.... let me know how it is :)
FAT KID OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment