Wednesday, September 7, 2011

We're about to get deep..... (that's what she said?)

Before I start this post, I want to say that these are my opinions and my opinions only... I never want to offend anyone in this blog, so please, no one take offense.

That being said... I have this friend... hahaha.. she's BEAUTIFUL and I love her to death... but, she just doesn't get it. We will go out to a bar and she will get so much attention from guys - and yeah, I have a boyfriend so I'm not looking for that attention, but sometimes it would be nice. When I make a comment about it, or she asks if I'm having fun, my response is always like, "meh, it's ok".. because she's the one getting the attention and I'm just sitting in the dust. Now, normally I don't care, but recently after about 10 years of this being the case, I'm over it. Not only am I over the fact that no one will approach you if you don't look like a twig, but I'm over her response of, "oh stop, you aren't ugly" or "oh stop, we're having a good time and it doesn't matter what you look like, you're beautiful". F-THAT. It does matter... and I'm sorry, but skinny people, you just don't get it.

I understand that everyone has their issues, and just because you are skinny, that doesn't mean you don't have them. I get it, I know you do. But have you ever felt like you weren't being talked to in a bar, or in a social setting because you were too big, or you weren't attractive enough? Doubtful. Have you ever felt like yeah, you might be an amazing with lots of friends who can light up the room with your personality, but you know, at the end of the night, that guy you may have been eyeing all night long won't ask for your number? Doubtful. Skinny/attractive people don't get it. They don't understand what it's like to be harassed your whole life for being the fat kid, they don't get why girls that might be overweight look upset at a bar or are less eager to go out..... They don't get that if you are the one getting all the attention at the bar, that even though you think you are amazing on the inside, you still care what you look like on the outside.

I hate to say it, but guys are shallow. And I don't know if its society that has made them that way, but I am seriously a sucker for movies, or in real life, when I see a larger girl with a slim, attractive man. That man, he doesn't care what the girl looks like on the outside, that man loves her for who she is. And unfortunately, there aren't a lot of guys like that out there.

Being, big, large, fat, (anyway you want to say it) isn't a curse. We are beautiful that is for sure, and we can certainly be happy with who we are... but deep down I think a lot of us just scream to be skinny... to get that extra attention, to be able to feel, just for one day, what it's like to walk in a skinny girls shoes. I know I certainly would. I know I would love to know what it feels like to be hit on at a bar because I'm looking good in my skinny jeans and boyfriend blazer. So hopefully, one day, I will be able to do just that.

My last question to you is... if you are skinny, do you ever think to yourself, man I wish I was bigger?

But for now, this song just replays on my iTunes, and I think, big girls, you are beautiful too!


No comments:

Post a Comment